-Welcome PainBC BAP candidates to your resource page, below you will find videos, slides and documents to aid you in your training in Brief Action Planning (BAP). More attributes are to be added to this page as we progress through the courses together, so please watch for updates periodically.
Once we have completed the final webinar and you have completed your two practice calls (details coming soon), I will post a link to the BAP certification appointment scheduler and you will be ready to go for certification.
BAP certification demonstrates a trainee’s competence in BAP skills through a structured and recorded interaction with a Standardized Patient. The recording is scored by a coder using a standardized rating scale. The rating scale emphasizes conversational tone, flow of the interaction and adherence to the Spirit of Motivational Interviewing in addition to demonstration of the BAP skills. Successful candidates join an International Community of Practice and receive monthly newsletters and invitations to monthly webinars. We strongly encourage all of you to attain certification for these reasons. The certification appointments are one on one with a CCMI standardized patient who plays the role of the patient while you interact with them as the clinician using BAP. The interaction is recorded and the results are scored. Once certified you will become a member of the BAP Community of Practice and have access to a number of resources on our site.
On behalf of all of us at CCMI thank you for your interest in Brief Action Planning, we wish you success in your training in BAP.
- CCMI Training Staff
- Practice and Feedback
- BAP Certification Schedule
- Webinar 1 and Homework
- Webinar 2 and Homework
- Webinar 3 and Homework
- Webinar 4 and Homework
Webinars 1,3, & 4:
April Lawrence, MA Planning, Co-Active Coach
April is CCMI’s content expert for Engagement. She works to ensure multiple stakeholder voices are part of improvement projects. She engages staff, providers, executives, patients and service users with equal ease, though engaging more vulnerable, less-often engaged client populations is her passion and expertise. By designing relevant, safe and accessible engagement processes she ensures that fewer resources need to be devoted to creating “buy in” later because collective ownership of the proposed change can be created from the very start. April also designs and delivers training to support better communication for providers, patients and teams.
Read April’s profile here
Alice Domes, RN, BSN
Alice Domes has devoted her career to improving the health of individuals and populations as a public health nurse and in management positions. She has lead tobacco cessation programs, chronic disease management efforts and had training in public participation methods and motivational interviewing. Her experience in system design and quality improvement allow her to work with organizations and individuals to achieve their goals.
All Webinars as Facilitator:
Troy Cobb, Program Assistant
Based in Boise Idaho, I help facilitate CCMI’s client interactions. On a day-to-day basis this usually means managing our database and coordinating interactions between our internal staff and our ever-growing community of Motivational Intervention practitioners. Working remotely, I am afforded the freedom to live in a place that I truly enjoy; the high peaks, forgotten hot springs, and empty trails of Idaho refuel my passion for the outdoors every time I return to them. May our paths cross one day whether it be on an email trail or on the dirt single tracks of the Rocky Mountains.
PainBC BAP Practice and Feedback Calls
2. CHOOSE EXACTLY TWO PRACTICE CALLS. Choosing more than two will limit the selections for your colleagues and choosing less than two will limit your BAP experience.
Webinar 1 Powerpoint:
Webinar 1 Handouts:
Webinar 1 Homework:
- Look for opportunities to practice the Spirit of MI
- Try using Give No Advise with someone, this can be personal or professional.
- Fill out this quick questionnaire to help us adjust our webinar delivery in real time!
Webinar 2 Powerpoint:
Webinar 2 Handouts:
Webinar 2 Homework:
- Watch four BAP videos on our site Here
- Please take a minute to fill out this quick survey to help us improve our webinar delivery.
Webinar 3 Handouts:
Webinar 3 Homework:
- Use BAP in two interactions at work or in your personal life.
- Read through the BAP_Sample_163_Transcript_2014-10-31
- Review the BAP_Skills_Checklist_2014-02-25
- Schedule your Practice and Feedback calls if you have not done so already.
Webinar 4 PowerPoint:
Webinar 4 Handouts:
- Complete two practice and feedback calls (schedule can be found above).
- BAP Certification is optional but highly recommended to complete your training in Brief Action Planning (schedule can be found above).
- Please participate in this final survey to evaluate your training!